Winter Blast dog show runs through Sunday in Oaks – thereporteronline
The Valley Forge Kennel Club, Berks County Kennel Club and South Jersey Kennel Club have joined forces to present the annual Winter Blast Cluster Dog Show, which runs through Sunday at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center in Oaks.
No less than 1,500 dogs representing more than 150 breeds will strut the show ring from 9 am to 5 pm each day.
- Meet and greet a variety of dog breeds. Visitors can learn more about responsible dog ownership and speak with breeders, owners and dog handlers.
- Watch the judgment of various breeds in conformation and cheer on your favorite. See young owner-handlers compete against their peers in the Junior Showmanship competition.
- Watch owner-handlers compete in a special series called the National Owner-Handler Series. These exhibitors are striving for a spot in the AKC National Championship final presented by Royal Canine in Orlando, Florida later this month.
- Witness obedience and rally trials that will test the dogs’ understanding of commands as they maneuver hurdles and retrieve items.
- See puppies take to the sport in the AKC-sanctioned 4-Month-Under-6-Month Puppy Competition.
Admission is $ 10 for adults, $ 5 for children. For more information visit www.valleyforgekc.org/show.